Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Before and After










Photo courtesy of www.photos8.com

I am starting to view my life in terms of BMI and AMI. That is to say, Before Mental Illness, and After Mental Illness. In my life B.M.I, I used to be a blogger. I had this cute little blog full of family and fun. OK I did not have a huge following, but I had my regulars and I made some really nice blogging friends. I had fun with it, I had fun with life.

Well, I am about to enter year 2, A.M.I. The other blog has been neglected for months. But then this blog was born 3 days ago, quite unexpectedly. I felt a need to add something to the blogging community. Although it might not be funny, cute, or entertaining, it is real and it is helping me to cope with the situation, express myself, and reach out all at the same time.

I am feeling very isolated and alone in this situation. Dealing with my husband's mental illness, separation from him, from home, from my support system of friends is overwhelming. But I know that I am not alone, there are others out there who have been in overwhelming, dark situations, and have come out on the other side. I have not lost Hope.

And now, O Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in you.
Psalm 39:7

1 comment:

  1. You are not given problems that is beyond you. Trust in your strenght and pick up the lessons. You are evolving for the better.

    ReplyDelete